Friday, April 10, 2009

lickalotapuss and lent

Today, my lovely assistant Ambo and I made what turned out to be a fruitless trip to Staples to purchase office supplies to complete our marketing project. Ok- we really we just wanted to get out of the office and go on a greasy breakfast run. We visited "Corky's Grill",
View Larger Map

which operates as a bar where you can drink with all your neighborhood buddies and also get your scrapple and egg sandwich. Its a dive, but its great. Anyway, as we perused the menu, Ambo lamented the fact that it was Good Friday and she couldn't eat meat, and would thus need to order accordingly. I know she was raised Catholic and had her knuckles rapped by the sisters on many an occasion. I also know that she is now a hardcore lesbian. I said to her "Since you are already committing 'unnatural' acts on a regular basis anyway, do you really think God will smite you for having a sausage and egg breakfast sandwich on Good Friday?" She supposed not and joined me in greasy meat indulgence. Just a commentary on how we sometimes get stuck in how we are raised and fail to remember that we're grown up now. And for whatever its worth, I truly believe God loves both lesbians and scrapple.

No comments: