Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Even if you are handicapped, you should still TRY...

When I was in college I befriended a girl who had no use of her legs and used a wheelchair to get around. She also had modifications made to her vehicle that allowed her to drive it. I have to admit I was nervous the first time we rode together, as her car had no pedals and was operated solely by hand controls. That day I learned that I needed to get over some of my preconceived notions about people's disabilities. She was an exemplary driver. Unlike the person in the following photograph:


Now, I'm not trying to be the least sensitive person on earth, but I really think that if you are handicapped you need to make an effort to operate your vehicle in a way that doesn't scream "I DRIVE LIKE I'M HANDICAPPED!". Don't give the disabled a bad name!

And yes, I know I am probably going to hell for this post.

1 comment:

Timmy said...

You are definitely not going to go to hell. Handicapped people should make an attempt.

Oh...does this mean I'm going to hell with you..